Islington MECS – Paperwork/Information Required
Practice paperwork required:
- Practice/Company Name (for contract) and email address and name of person to sign sub-contract (we will also send a registration form for the IT software)
- Copies of practice/company Employers Liability and Public Liability Insurance certificates
- Quality in Optometry checklists relating to practices subcontracting to a Primary Eyecare Company (to access this, go to the Quality in Optometry website (link below), click on NHS Contracts, and then use the drop-down box on the bottom left-hand side to click on ‘Subcontractor Practice (subcontracting from a Primary Eyecare Company)’. Complete the checklists for General Conditions, Service Conditions and Information Governance. The Primary Eyecare company is Primary Eyecare (ELC) Ltd.
- Quality in Optometry Infection Control Audit (found under the Audit section of the Quality of Optometry website).
- Quality in Optometry checklists relating to GOS Contracts
- Confirmation that you have successfully completed and published the Data Security & Protection Toolkit
For participating optometrists:
- Copies of the DOCET Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children Certificates, Level 2 (or equivalent) for all participating Optometrists (links below). Must be less than three years old.
- Copies of PEARS/MECS Certificates (including OSCE) for all participating optometrists
- Copies of WOPEC Glaucoma Certificates (including OSCE or local practical assessment) for all participating optometrists
- Copies of WOPEC Cataract Certificates for all participating optometrists
- Copies of current enhanced DBS checks for all participating optometrists (updates to existing DBS checks can be done online). Must be less than three years old.
- Copies of “Prevent Radicalisation – Basic Prevent Awareness” training certificate for all participating optometrists (E-Learning for Health or Government website – links below):
To register for this website, the user will need an NHS.net email address. If they do not have one, you can set up a bulk account for your practice.
Please email [email protected] if you would like instructions for this.
All paperwork can be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 0871 661 6532.